Freddy Deeb wins €25K WPT High-Roller tourney
Before I get into Freddy Deeb’s win I have to mention Sorel Mizzi’s performances in recent events; fresh off a 6th place in Monte Carlo two weeks ago, worth €143,000, Mizzi finished 2nd to Freddy Deeb in Paris adding another €120,000. This is in addition to capturing the East Coast Championship title at the Borgata in Atlantic City about a month ago, worth $170,000. Mizzi also finished 3rd in the 2010 Aussie Millions in January, and already has close to $1.5 million in winnings for 2010. Now if you can calculate expected value, I think you will find thats a plus.
Ok, now on to Freddy Deeb! Deeb outlasted a small, but game, field of 24 players to win the WPT High-Roller event that earned the high-stakes poker pro €290,000. Only 4 players were paid due to the small field, with the lions share –61% of the total prize pool—going to the champion Deeb.
Deeb has quietly amassed over $7 million in career tournament earnings in his career, despite playing in far fewer tournaments than full time tournament pros. Deeb is also a regular in the high-stakes cash games around Las Vegas, making him a double threat in the poker world.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …