Joseph Cheong among leaders at WPT Amneville
While virtually all eyes are on the city of Las Vegas as the 2011 World Series of Poker final table gets set to play out this weekend there is another major tournament taking place, the World Poker Tour Amneville.
A very respectable field of 379 players showed up for the €5,000 buy-in Main Event, and after three days of action the field has been pared down to just 20 players, including 2010 November Niner Joseph Cheong, who is currently sitting in 4th place on the leader-board. In addition to Cheong, poker fans will recognize the names of two prominent French poker players still in the running, Adrien Allaine and Arnaud Mattern.
For the second straight day Scott Baumstein finished atop the leader-board, and will take a commanding chip advantage into Day 4’s action, controlling a stack of chips totaling over 1.8 million –Baumstein’s nearest competitor is Bisgaard Rasmussen, who is sitting on a stack of 1,167,000 chips.
Here is a look at the Top 10 chip-counts heading into Day 4 of the 2011 WPT Amneville:
1. Scott Baumstein — 1,820,000
2. Bisgaard Rasmussen — 1,167,000
3. Thibaud Guenegou — 980,000
4. Joseph Cheong — 957,000
5. Nesrine Kourdourli — 916,000
6. Guillaume Marechal — 858,000
7. Tony Blanchandin — 705,000
8. Adrien Allain — 610,000
9. Arnaud Mattern — 596,000
10. Arnaud Trouer — 462,000
The winner of the tournament will take home over $450k in prize-money –which it should be noted is more than the winner of the $10,000 WPT Foxwoods World Poker Finals winner.
Tags: Allain, Allaine, Amneville, City Of Las Vegas, Foxwoods World Poker Finals, Guillaume Marechal, Leader Board, main event, Mattern, Niner, Poker Fans, poker players, prize money, Rasmussen, Respectable Field, World Poker Finals, World Poker Tour, World Series of Poker, World Series of Poker Final Table, WPT
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …