Mike Sexton makes deep run in WPT Borgata tournament
It seems nearly impossible to believe that Mike Sexton has never cashed in a World Poker Tour tournament, but when you consider that for the first five years of the World Poker Tour’s existence Mike Sexton’s contract forbid the poker pro from playing in WPT events it becomes more clear why has made precisely $0 on the WPT. Even when the ban was lifted in Season 6, Sexton decided to play in only a few WPT tournaments, instead focusing on his commentary and hosting duties.
All that changed at the 2010 WPT Borgata Poker Open when Sexton not only made his first WPT cash, but ran very deep in the tournament, nearly to the final table! Sexton was eliminated in 20th place on Day 4 of the tournament, and picked up $15,009 for his efforts.
So, WPT aficionados will still be able to hear Sexton call the action when the final table of the Borgata Poker Open hits the airwaves. Maybe an upside to his elimination will be that nobody will enter the booth to replace him for the final table coverage of the Borgata Poker Open; who knows, maybe he could have had his job taken out from under him by a young upstart –it happens in sports all the time!
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …