Mohsin Charania wins the WPT Grand Prix de Paris
The World Poker Tour (WPT) Grand Prix de Paris wrapped up this week and it was poker pro Mohsin Charania who came out on top, besting a very tough, and very game final table, and making one of the best comebacks in WPT history in the process.
Heading into the final table it appeared that everyone was playing for second place, even with big names like Charania and Christina Lindley still in the hunt for the title, as Vasili Firsau was the overwhelming chip-leader heading into the final day of play. Firsau had as many as chips entering the final table as all five of his opponents combined!
Here is a look at the seating assignments and chip counts heading into the final table of the WPT grand Prix de Paris:
* Seat 1: Peter Astopolous – 269,000
* Seat 2: Kimmo Kurko – 116,000
* Seat 3: Elliot Smith – 782,000
* Seat 4: Mohsin Charania – 644,000
* Seat 5: Christina Lindley – 880,000
* Seat 6: Vasili Firsau – 2,893,000
It looked like Firsau would go wire-to-wire too, until he had to take on Charania heads-up, where despite a 7-1 chip lead Charania managed to stay alive, battle back, and eventually go on to win the title. Here is a look at how the final table played out at WPT grand Prix de Paris:
1. Mohsin Charania — $469,477
2. Vasili Firsau — $317,867
3. Peter Apostolou — $204,432
4. Elliot Smith — $151,359
5. Christina Lindley — $113,614
6. Kimmo Kurko — $90,845
*Results from the www.worldpokertour.com website
“ChicagoCards” is a very well known commodity in the world of online poker, and the man behind one of the more successful screen-names to ever grace the online poker tables, Mohsin Charania, is now becoming a well-known live tournament player. With a World Poker Tour Grand Prix de Paris title to add to his European Poker Tour Grand Final victory in 2012, Charania is suddenly one of the most successful live tournament players over the past two years, and just a WSOP bracelet away from becoming a Triple Crown winner.
This was Charania’s second straight WPT Grand Prix de Paris final table and third WPT final table overall. So, for Charania the third time was definitely the charm at a WPT final table: In 2010 he finished 6th in the World Poker Finals at Foxwoods, and a year ago he finished 5th in the Grand Prix de Paris according to the Hendon Mob database.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …