Oliver Busquet captures WPT Borgata Poker Open title
The experiment that was the Borgata Poker Open Main Championship has come to close with Frenchman Oliver Busquet walking away with the coveted title, and around $925,000. Busquet went into the final table with a commanding chip lead (nearly 2-to-1 on his nearest competitor) and was able to stay out of the way while Jeremy Brown (the eventual 2nd place finisher) did the dirty work knocking out 3 of the 4 other players.
1. Olivier Busquet – $925,514
2. Jeremy Brown – $453,519
3. Ivan Mamuzic – $251,955
4. Yanick Brodeur – $216,681
5. Keith Crowder – $188,126
6. Kenny Nguyen – $156,212
The WPT event was the first of its kind in two distinct ways: The first was the reduced buy-in– the championship buy-in was dropped from $10k down to $3,500: The second was a $2 million guaranteed prize-pool—the first guaranteed prize-pool for a WPT event.
The WPT’s next stop is northern Africa, for the WPT Marrakech event in Morocco.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …