Party Gaming set to buy the WPT
Party Gaming are close to purchasing the WPT from under Gamynia noses. Gamynia who put in a bid earlier this month looked close to closing the deal. However with Party Gaming coming in with a better offer, it looks like WPT is set to move to the Party Gaming brand.
Party Gaming the company that owns also Party Poker, which before the UIGEA was the largest online poker network, has confirmed they have put in a bid worth over $15 million. This suggest that Party Poker are looking for away back into the U.S market or at least proparing themselfs for the UIGEA to be overturned.
Steve Lipscomb, WPTE’s chief executive come out and said. “We look forward to working with one of the pioneers and leaders in the poker and online gaming markets to provide a strong vehicle for the WPT brand to continue its global expansion and return to online gaming.”
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …