Phil Ivey finishes 3rd in WPT Bellagio Cup
Phil Ivey’s 2010 Bellagio Cup VI Championship tournament will likely go down as the only 3rd place performance from a WPT tournament that will forever be talked about. Ivey registered for the tournament on the third day of play and proceeded to take his 20BB starting stack right to the final table! Perhaps Phil has been playing those 300 chip super-turbos on Full Tilt Poker lately.
Ivey ended up in a 3-way battle with Justin “Boosted J” Smith and eventual winner Moritz Kranich from Germany, and his fate was sealed when he flipped-over J-9 on an A-J-4-A-3 board, and Kranich showed J-Q for the same hand but with a better kicker.
Ivey was crippled by the hand, and was eliminated by Boosted J, giving Ivey a $363k payday, along with his record-setting 9th WPT final table.
Kranich joined the small list of players who now hold an EPT and WPT title –Kranich won the 2009 EPT tournament in Deauville France. The win was worth $875k to the professional poker player boosting his lifetime tournament winnings to over $2 million.
Meanwhile Justin Smith continues to add to his impressive resume and is now at nearly $1.5 million in career tournament earnings.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …