Poker pro wins $1.4 million at WPT Doyle Brunson Classic
Despite being a top pro, Daniel Alaei comes in a distant third behind the other two poker pros at the Doyle Brunson Classic final table, Scotty Nguyen and Josh Arieh, in terms of fame in the poker world. However, the power rankings may have shifted slightly after Alaei was able to capture the coveted WPT title, besting Josh Arieh in a heads-up battle.
Alaei now has a WPT title to go along with his two World Series of Poker bracelets, and career earnings approaching $4 million. Alaei’s win puts him in rare company having won a WSOP and WPT tournament in the same calendar year –the $10k Omaha 8 WSOP tournament, and the $15k No Limit Holdem Championship at the Doyle Brunson Classic.
Most poker fans will also recognize Alaei from his appearances on the first three seasons of High Stakes Poker.
Here are the final six placings for the WPT Doyle Brunson Classic:
1. Daniel Alaei, $1,428,430
2. Josh Arieh, $952,290
3. Faraz Jaka, $571,374
4. Shawn Buchanan, $333,302
5. Scotty Nguyen, $249,976
6. Steve O’Dwyer, $202,362
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …