World Poker Tour announces stop in Florida
It didn’t take long after the cap on the buy-in for poker tournaments and cash games was lifted on July 1st for Florida to become a prime destination for major poker tournaments. The World Poker Tour recently announced a stop in the Sunshine State from April 27 – May 3, 2011.
The initial tournament will be held at the Hard Rock Seminole Hotel and Casino and will feature a $10,000 buy-in Championship Event. The contract is for 5 years, with a WPT tournament taking place at either the Tampa or Hollywood Hard Rock Casinos.
The exposure should help propel Florida into the spotlight as a prime poker destination for travelers from around the world now that the days of $100 capped games are a thing of the past. As WPT CEO Steve Heller stated in the Sun Sentinel, “What’s exciting is that Florida will draw from not only the local area, but from across the world… This year you’ll see Florida boom as poker market.”
While the tournament will take place at the Hard Rock Casino, all of the Seminole properties across the state will run satellite tournaments for the WPT event, which will help attract a strong turnout as well as increase the WPT brand.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …