World Poker Tour Prague sets attendance record
On the heels of a terrific turnout of 231 players on Day 1a, the inaugural World Poker Tour Prague Main Event saw the 10-year old poker tour break its European attendance record (set this year in Vienna as 555 players registered for the tournament) after 337 players registered on Day 1b of the event, bringing the final tally of the WPT Prague Main Event to 568 entrants.
The attendance got a nice boost from the reentry format that allows players eliminated on Day 1a to try their luck again on Day 1b (after coughing-up another €3,500 of course) which a number of the top poker pros in the world took advantage of, including Andy Frankenberger, Mike “Timex” McDonald, Marvin Rettenmaier, Eugene Katchalov, Toby Lewis, Sam El Sayed, and Steve O’Dwyer.
Day 1a chip-leader Jan Ramik ended his starting day flight with just over 200k chips, but after a fast-paced Day 1b Ramik’s total is only good enough for 5th place overall and he finds himself almost 150k chips behind the current chip-leader Casey Kastle!
Here is a look at the Top 10 chip-counts from Day 1b of the WPT Prague Main Event:
1. Casey Kastle – 356,800
2. Nikola Sears – 262,800
3. Karen Saruisyan – 252,900
4. Steve O’Dwyer – 241,000
5. Martins Adeniya – 205,000
6. Steven Thomsen – 199,200
7. Paul Pires-Trigo – 196,400
8. Stanislav Kretz – 196,400
9. JuliusSepman – 182,300
10. Yury Gulyy – 160,900
Day 2 of the tournament will get underway at Noon local time, as the remaining players battle for one of the 63 spots in the money, and eventually for the €450,000 in first-place prize-money.
Tags: Attendance Record, Day Flight, Frankenberger, Inaugural World, Kastle, Kretz, Main Event 1, Poker Pros, prize money, Ramik, Rettenmaier, Sears, Steve O, Terrific Turnout, Thomsen, Toby Lewis, Tour Prague, Trigo, World Poker Tour, WPT
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …