World Poker Tour Venice final table set
The €3,000 buy-in Main Event at the World Poker Tour Venice attracted a large field of 523 players –not bad for a WPT tournament in the old-world, and a first-time tournament to boot—and after days of hard play, suck-outs, coolers, and bluffs the final table is set —And what a final table it is!
Amongst the finalists are a number of familiar names in the poker world including chip-leader David Vamplew, who won the PokerStars EPT London in 2010, as well as the Italian Full Tilt Poker Pro Alessio Isaia, and Team PokerStars Russia Pro Maxim Lykov who is looking for his first major tournament win, who are sitting in 2nd and 4th place respectively on the leader-board.
Here is a look at the final eight competitors, as well as their chip counts in the WPT Venice Main Event:
1. David Vamplew 4,100,000
2. Alessio Isaia 2,910,000
3. Szabolcs Mayer 2,585,000
4. Max Lykov 2,175,000
5. Adrien Camille Garrigues 1,555,000
6. Emmanuel Rodrigues 1,465,000
7. Luca Fiorini 470,000
8. Paolini Renato 405,000
The winner of the tournament will pocket an impressive €380,000, with 8th place worth €31,960. The WPT Venice is part of an effort by the WPT to branch out further into the European Market by incorporating some smaller buy-in tournament series in previously untapped locales.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …