WPT adds London stop to 2010 poker schedule
Party Poker will be invading two of their main rivals turf when they make their first ever stop in London, England from August 29th-September 5th. London already plays host to the World Series of Poker Europe, as well as one of the most popular destinations on the European Poker Tour.
The tournament will feature a £5,000 (over $10,000 USD) buy-in Main Event Championship and will be capped at 400 players. With a full contingent of 400 players the prize-pool would be a massive $4,000,000+!
The move is yet another step in Party Poker’s attempts to globalize what has primarily been a United States based poker tour. The WPT recently announced a second stop in Amneville France –to go along with their Paris France tournament—and has added numerous stops all over Europe in the past few years.
Competing against PokerStars conglomerate of the European Poker Tour, Latin American Poker Tour, North American Poker Tour, and Asian Pacific Poker Tour; the World Poker Tour –which is likely the strongest brand outside the World Series of Poker—will likely continue to explore as many options outside of the United States as possible. Having been purchased by Party Poker should also help the WPT usher themselves into foreign markets.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …