WPT Borgata Poker Open attracts 1,018 players
When the dust settled it appears the organizers of the Borgata Poker Open made a great decision by dropping the buy-in for the Main Event (a WPT Championship tournament) from $10,000 to $3,500. When the final tally came in on day 1b, a whopping 1,018 had entered the event.
This figure is even more impressive when you take into account many poker players made the trip across the pond to London for the World Series of Poker Europe (WSOPE).
The field size makes this the largest tournament in WPT history, and the success may cause a ripple effect in the tournament community: If it worked for Borgata it will work for us. Day 1a saw an impressive 326 entrants (which is a larger field than many WPT tournaments have been achieving lately), but it was day 1b’s 692 entrants that gave the Borgata Poker Open the record-setting field size.
A total of 570 players remain in the hunt: Day 2 play will resume at 11am EDT on Monday.
To find info on UK casinos click here.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …