WPT Legends of Poker final table set
The final six players have been decided at the 2011 World Poker Tour (WPT) Legends of Poker Main Event taking place at the bicycle Casino in Los Angeles, California, and leading the way is a familiar name in the poker world, Will “The Thrilla” Failla.
The final hand of the night on Monday saw poker pro Ray Henson eliminated in 7th place when his desperation shove with A/6 was called by Jeff Vertes A/K, during level 30 of the tournament with the blinds at 50k/100k with a 10k ante. Henson pocketed a respectable $64,250 for his efforts.
Failla is a long-time tournament pro and has well over $2 million in career live tournament earnings on his resume already. He’s been very active in 2011, including winning the $2k NLHE tournament at the 2011 PCA, cashing in the $25k WPT Championship at the Bellagio, as well as cashing five-times at the 2011 WSOP. In 2007 Failla won the Foxwoods Poker Classic Main Event for $207k as well as the $300k Guaranteed Tournament in Atlantic City for another $218k.
In addition to Failla, the final table will also feature one of the breakout players from the 2011 World Series of Poker, Owais Ahmed. Ahmed was able to capture his first WSOP Bracelet in 2011, and then went on to final table the $50k Players Championship. He now finds himself on the short-stack at the Legends of Poker final table, but don’t count him out from the over $750k first-place prize just yet –6th place will walk away with $77k for what it’s worth.
Here is a look at the chip counts and seating assignments of the remaining six players in the 2011 WPT Legends of Poker Main Event:
* Seat 1: Joshua Pollock – 5,315,000 (53 BBs)
* Seat 2: Owais Ahmed – 1,720,000 (17 BBs)
* Seat 3: Will Failla – 6,775,000 (67 BBs)
* Seat 4: Adam Aronson – 2,185,000 (21 BBs)
* Seat 5: Ken Aldridge – 3,640,000 (36 BBs)
* Seat 6: Jeff Vertes – 4,005,000 (40 BBs)
Here is a look at the complete payout for the final 10 places, including the yet to be decided final table:
7: $64,250 – Ray Henson
8: $51,400 – James Carroll
9: $38,550 – David Daneshgar
10: $29,555 – Matt Kay
The final table is scheduled to begin at 4PM EDT on Tuesday, and for those of you interested you can check out love updates and chip counts at www.worldpokertour.com.
Tags: Aldridge, Aronson, bellagio, Bicycle Casino, Breakout Players, Leading The Way, Legends Of Poker, PCA, Players Championship, Poker Main Event, Poker Pro, Poker World, Pollock, Seat 6, Seating Assignments, Thrilla, Time Tournament, World Poker Tour, World Series of Poker, WSOP
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …