2011 World Series of Poker Schedule dates
If you are any way interested in playing Poker With Live Dealers, you will be interested in this! Harrah’s has released the dates for the 2011 World Series of Poker tournament series this past week, which will begin on May 31st, 2011, the day after Memorial Day in the United States, and the same day as a certain poker writer’s birthday!
The 2011 version of the WSOP will run for 50 days culminating with the final table of the World Series of Poker Main Event –the final nine players will once again get an extended break before reconvening in November to crown a champion.
Only the Main Event’s schedule has been set in stone; this year the tournament will begin on July 7th and run through July 19th. Once again the Main Event will feature four separate Day 1 flights to accommodate the huge fields the tournament draws.
The schedule for the preliminary events is not yet set, but Harrah’s is expecting to have it ready sometime on January, which should give everyone plenty of time to book their trips to Las Vegas.
The WSOP has announced one change to the schedule: In 2011 each tournament will stop after 10 levels of play. This will be the first time the WSOP has used a hard stop-time, and it will be interesting to see if they can pull it off, or if the tournaments will run long and spill over into extra days.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …