2013 WSOP Countdown: Players to Watch Part 2
In Part 1 of this series I detailed the utter fail that were my picks last year for Players to Watch at the 2012 WSOP, but I am on a mission of redemption this year, bringing you some unheralded players, and a few heralded thrown in as well, and now it’s time to add to the four players I chose in Part 1 of this series and round out my Top 10 Players to Watch for the 2013 WSOP.
* #5 Xuan Liu – One of the top female players in the game, Xuan Liu has a great chance at a bracelet since she plays all games and formats. Xuan has close to $1.4 million in career tournament earnings, a number I expect to rise at the 2013 WSOP.
* #6 Anthony Gregg – Anthony Gregg is another one of those players that has quietly put together quite an impressive poker resume. Gregg has a 2012 WPT Parx win, a 2nd place showing in the 2009 PCA Championship, a 6th place showing in the 2012 PCA, and recently finished second in the High-Roller event at the EPT Grand Final.
* #7 Griffen Benger – Benger, better known by his online handle “Flush_Entity”, is another player who is on a bit of a heater in live tournaments, with over $700k earned in 2013, including a victory in the EPT Berlin High-Roller tournament. This could be Benger’s breakout year in live poker after an amazing online career.
* #8 Jonathan Duhamel – I have a feeling Duhamel has a big WSOP in his future and will be the first former Main Event champion since Carlos Mortensen to win a second WSOP bracelet. The reason I’m picking Duhamel is not only because I think he is a talented player, but also because he plays full schedules at the WSOP.
* #9 Cal Anderson – Anderson has been making deep runs in major tournaments since 2011, and sooner or later it will be his time to break-through with a big win, and what better place to get it than at the 2013 WSOP and in the process make me look smart.
* #10 — Tom Middleton – My pick for the breakout UK player of the series is Tom Middleton. Middleton has already had a taste of WSOP success back in 2011 when he finished 3rd in a $1,500 NLHE event.
So there you have it, my 10 choices for Players to Watch at the 2013 World Series of Poker.
Read Part 1 of the series here: http://pokernewsboy.com/wsop-news/2013-wsop-countdown-players-to-watch-part-1/13933
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …