2013 WSOP schedule Part 3: The Changes
This week Caesar’s Interactive Entertainment released the full schedule for the 2013 World Series of Poker Tournament Series that will kick-off with the $500 Casino Employees Tournament on May 29th, 2013 and run through July 16th, 2013 when the WSOP Main Event final table is determined. As has been the case for the past five years, the WSOP will then go on a months-long hiatus, returning to the Rio in November to crown the 2013 WSOP Champion. A total of 62 WSOP Gold Bracelets will be awarded during the 48 day tournament series.
In this series I have looked at some of the more interesting revelations found in the 2013 WSOP schedule, and now it’s time to present you with the new events and changes that have been made to the WSOP in 2013.
The WSOP added a few new events this year, including the previously covered Little One for One Drop and the $111,111 One Drop High-Roller, here is a look at the new tournaments that will be unveiled at the 2013 WSOP:
* Event #6: The Millionaire Maker. While not a new tournament per se, the opening $1,500 No Limit Holdem tournament will sport a first of its kind guarantee, with the WSOP guaranteeing the winner of the tournament $1,000,000. The tournament will have two starting flights (morning and night) and will allow for a single reentry.
* Event #34: $1,000 No Limit Holdem Turbo. The first Turbo event in WSOP history will take place this year, with Event #34 playing out in just two days instead of the usual three. A strong showing and good responses could very well lead to the WSOP turning all $1k tournaments into Turbos in future years, thereby saving themselves and the players a full day.
* Non-Bracelet Event: Open Faced Chinese. The WSOP has added an exhibition event this year (a non-bracelet tournament), offering players a $5,000 buy-in Open Faced Chinese Poker event. Open Faced Chinese Poker has been growing in popularity among pro players, and the PCA ran a similar, fairly successful, event last month.
* The $3k Mix Max Holdem tournament
* The $1,500 Ante-Only No Limit Holdem tournament
* The $2,500 4-Handed No Limit Holdem tournament
* The non-bracelet, $560 buy-in, Bracelet Bounty tournament
* The $10k Heads-Up No Limit Holdem Championship
* The $2,500 10-Game Mix tournament
* All events will use a 3x starting chip-stack, which simply means for every $1 in buy-ins you pay you will receive $3 in tournament chips.
* All $1,500 No Limit Holdem tournaments will begin on Saturday
* All $1,000 No limit Holdem tournaments will begin on Sunday
Below you will find links to the WSOP schedule and the Press Releases issued by Caesar’s Entertainment: http://www.wsop.com/2013/2013_WSOP_SCHEDULE.pdf
Tags: Caesar, Casino Employees, Chinese Poker, Event 34, Exhibition Event, Future Years, Gold Bracelets, Hiatus, High Roller, Interactive Entertainment, Millionaire Maker, PCA, Reentry, Revelations, Turbos, world series, World Series of Poker, World Series Of Poker Tournament, WSOP Main Event, WSOP Schedule
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …