Day 1b of World Series of Poker Europe recap
After day 1a attracted a respectable 156 players, the WSOPE was hoping for the typical larger turnout for day 1b. However, the second flight for the WSOPE Main Event had a good, but underwhelming 178 entrants.
In all, the tournament had a total of 334 players; each of whom parted with the $14,000+ buy-in. Of those 334 players, 186 players remain when play resumes today at 5:30 pm –the delay is in observance of the Jewish holiday.
Among the notable players who managed to survive the carnage of day 1b were, Steve Zolotow, Ram Vaswani, Daniel Negreanu, and Antonio Esfandiari: All of whom are near the top of the leader-board. The tournament is laden with big name pros (exactly what you’d expect from a $14k buy-in tournament) who have been dominating the tournament scene all year long.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …