Hard-Stop Rule impacts Monday tournaments
Not one but two tournaments ended up as the latest victims to the Hard-Stop Rule at the 2011 World Series of Poker on Monday, as the $1,500 No limit Holdem and the $2,500 Razz tournament were both called to a stop during heads-up play.
In Event #43, the latest $1,500 NLHE tournament at the WSOP, two players remain in the hunt for their first WSOP bracelet, Brazilian poker pro Andre Akkari –a fun and prolific tweeter by the way—who finds himself in a deep deficit against online poker pro Nachman “TheLandlord” Berlin.
* Nachman Berlin – 9,465,000
* Andre Akkari – 3,400,000
]In Event #44, a $2,500 Razz tournament, it is a couple of relatively unknown poker players who will return to the Rio on Tuesday to play for the bracelet as Tommy Chen and Robert Williamson III were eliminated in third and fourth place respectively, leaving Stephen Su and Rep Porter to battle for the title.
* Stephen Su – 1,655,000
* Rep Porter – 1,080,000
With so many tournaments ending during heads-up play, or three or four handed, the WSOP Hard-Stop Rule is turning into the bane of the series up to this point, with both players and fans expressing their outrage over the ill-conceived rule.
There is no doubt in my mind that the Hard-Stop Rule will still be in effect next year, but will likely come with a number of caveats for the final day of play; taking into account the number of players remaining.
Results courtesy of wsop.com
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …