Hellmuth makes another Day 3 at WSOP Europe
The €10k Mix-Max No Limit Holdem event at the 2012 World Series of Poker Europe is down to the final 16 players. The final 16 have been paired up for the heads-up portion of the tournament, which will see some very interesting matchups take place as some of the biggest names in the game go for the bracelet. The players will take part in two heads-up matches today, with the final four players returning to crown the winner tomorrow.
The tournament attracted a total of 96 players, well below the anticipated field, which has been a running theme at the 2012 World Series of Poker Europe.
Here is a look at the heads-up matches:
* Match #1: Paul Tedeschi 278,600 vs. Roger Hairabedian 225,600
* Match #2: Kristijonas Andrulis 142,000 vs. Mike Watson 50,700
* Match #3: Martin Jacobson 164,900 vs. Joe Keuther 37,100
* Match #4: Brandon Cantu 738,100 vs. Phil Hellmuth 127,400
* Match #5: Faraz Jaka 258,100 vs. Vladimir Troyanovskiy 66,300
* Match #6: Konstantin Puchkov 183,700 vs. Bertrand Grospellier 18,000
* Match #7: Jennifer Tilly 163,300 vs. Marvin Rettenmaier 191,100
* Match #8: Jason Mercier 16,800 vs. Jonathan Aguiar — 212,200
Chief on everyone’s “To Watch” list will be the matchup of the overwhelming chip-leader Brandon Cantu against Phil Hellmuth. Cantu has a 5-to-1 chip advantage and has been virtually unstoppable throughout the tournament; with 16 players remaining Cantu holds an unheard of 25% of the chips in play!
Another match that will get some attention is Jennifer Tilly vs. Marvin Rettenmaier. Tilly will be trying to prove she can play with the best in the world, and will have her work cut out for herself as she takes on the two-time WPT Champion.
Another player to watch will be Frenchmen Roger Hairabedian, who is coming off a win in Event #3, looking to pull off the rarest of rare back-to-back bracelets. Hairabedian is a longtime professional poker player with a fairly impressive resume, and now with a WSOP bracelet to his credit he is looking to really make a name for himself in the poker world.
Here is a look at all of the winners so far at the 2012 WSOPE:
Event #1: €2,700 Six-Handed No-Limit Hold’em
* Winner: Imed Ben Mahmoud — €147,099
Event #2: €1,100 No-Limit Hold’em
* Winner: Antonio Esfandiari — €126,207
Event #3: €5,300 Pot-Limit Omaha
* Winner: Roger Hairabedian — €142,590
Event #4: €3,250 No-Limit Hold’em Shootout
* Winner: Giovanni Rosadoni — €107,614
Tags: 163, Aguiar, Brandon Cantu, Faraz, Final Four, Frenchmen, Impressive Resume, Jennifer Tilly, Konstantin, Match 2, Match 4, Matchup, Mike Watson, Mix Max, phil hellmuth, Professional Poker Player, Rettenmaier, Two Heads, World Series of Poker, WSOP
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …