How much money did durrrr have in prop bets
After news started trickling in about the magnitude of money Tom Dwan –better known as durrrr—stood to gain should he win a World Series of Poker bracelet in 2010 the numbers are absolutely astounding.
His second place finish in the $1,500 No Limit Holdem event will probably go down as the biggest prize differential between first and second place; in fact the $600k+ he would have booked for the win wouldn’t have even touched what he would owe in taxes on the prop bets.
Apparently Dwan was laying 3.25 to 1 odds on himself, and the rumors have put the total action at around $5 million. So, should Dwan win a bracelet he stands to earn somewhere in the ballpark of $15 million! The two biggest bettors are rumored to be Phil Ivey and Eli Elezra, with a $3 million and $1 million bet respectively –though this is simply rumor.
As it is, Dwan is on the hook for $5 million, and as each event finishes, and his chances at a bracelet get smaller and smaller, he must be starting to feel the heat from the huge wager.
Players who know the exact numbers are being mum on the exact figures –obviously they don’t want to broadcast any gambling wagers, and therefore winnings– with Daniel Negreanu saying only that, most people would be set for life.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …