Omaha 8 Championship latest victim of Hard-Stop rule
On Wednesday night, the $10k Omaha 8 Championship at the 2011 World Series of Poker was stopped during 3-handed play, making the tournament the third victim of the new WSOP Hard-Stop Rule which limits the amount of time a tournament can be played on any given day to 10 levels.
The $10k Omaha Championship now joins the $500 Casino Employee tournament and the $5k NLHE tournament as victims of the hard-Stop Rule. The three players that will be returning to the felt on Thursday will be:
* George Lind III – 2,860,000
* Steve Billirakis – 2,465,000
* Viacheslav Zhukov – 740,000
Lind is an online legend that up until this year held the record for the fastest player to reach Supernova Elite status on PokerStars, the honor that no belongs to Andrew “azntracker” Li.
Billirakis is a longtime poker pro who is seeking his second WSOP bracelet, and should he win the title would vault into first place on the WSOP Player of the Year leader-board.
Zhukov is the unknown in the bunch, but as we have learned in recent years at the WSOP: Beware the random Russian player!
Here is a look at how the other final table participants fared on Wednesday:
1. 1st place — $465,216
2. 2nd place — $287,554
3. 3rd place — $214,697
4. Richard Ashby — 161,379
5. Mack Lee — $122,054
6. Guillaume Rivet — $92,908
7. Jason Steinberg — $71,148
8. Mikael Thuritz — $54,837
9. Josh Arieh — $42,514
Results courtesy of wsop.com
Tags: Amount Of Time, Elite Status, Guillaume, Josh Arieh, Latest Victim, Leader Board, Lind, Mack Lee, Participants, Richard Ashby, Russian Player, Series Of Poker, Steinberg, Steve Billirakis, Wednesday Night, world series, World Series of Poker, Wsop Player Of The Year, Zhukov
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …