Phil Hellmuth in the hunt for 12th bracelet
It took until event #8, the $1,500 No Limit Holdem tournament, for the World Series of Poker to have it’s first Phil Hellmuth sighting. With 25 players remaining of the 2,341 who started the event, Hellmuth currently sits in 5th place on the leader-board with 567,000 chips.
The chip-leader –and possible name of the year candidate– Saar Wilf is sitting on a whopping 1,207,000 chips, followed by Andrew Cohen and his 1,025,000 chips. Chen already has WSOP bracelet as the winner of the $500 Casino Employees event from 2009, a tournament that seems to be producing its fair share of solid tournament players.
Wilf and Cohen have a solid lead on the rest of the pack with the following 10 players between 447,000 and 653,000, with Hellmuth bunched right in the middle of those numbers.
Hellmuth is the all-time leader in WSOP bracelets with 11, Johnny Chan and Doyle Brunson both have 10 bracelets each; Cashes with 75, Men Nguyen has 66; and is 10th on the all-time WSOP money list: A win in Event #8 would add $568,974 to his total. Hellmuth has been shut out the past two years when it comes to bracelets, but did have 7 and 6 cashes the past two years.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …