Phil Hellmuth wins WSOPE Main Event and 13th bracelet
Heading into the 2012 World Series of Poker Europe Main Event Phil Hellmuth was feeling very good about the way he was playing poker. “The Poker Brat” had made several deep runs in WSOPE events leading up to the Main Event, and even Tweeted that he had a good feeling heading into the finale of the 2012 WSOPE, and that he felt bracelet #13 was in the cards.
As much as I’d love to talk about the action from the tournament, the real story is the winner, Phil Hellmuth, so if you’re looking for what happened during the final table you’re going to be disappointed.
After five days of action, Phil did in fact win the 2012 World Series of Poker Europe Main Event, ending all doubts about who the best tournament poker player in the history of the game is. And if you think this is just “fanboy” talk, think again! Nobody has been harder on Phil over the years than myself, but in the past two years an new Phil Hellmuth has emerged from the ashes, a Hellmuth that seems to have rededicated himself to the game and the proof is in the putting as they say.
In the past two years:
* Phil has finished first and second in the World Series of Poker player of the Year Race
* Won two WSOP Bracelets including the WSOPE Main Event
* Finished 4th in the Big One for One Drop tournament
* Finished 2nd in the 2011 WSOP $50k Players Championship
* Made EIGHT WSOP final tables
* Won over $6 million in tournaments
Add all of this to his other lofty accomplishments:
* All-Time WSOP Bracelet leader with 13 (Johnny Chan and Doyle Brunson have 10 each)
* All-Time WSOP leader in cashes and final tables
* 3rd on the All-Time Money List
* Only player in Poker history to win WSOP Main Event and WSOPE Main Event
* Poker Hall of Fame member
In the past I have argued against Phil Hellmuth being the best: Why Phil Hellmuth is NOT a poker king and I have also walked back those comments as Phil went on his 2011 and then 2012 runs: Have I been wrong about Phil Hellmuth? and Revisiting Phil Hellmuth’s poker skills… for the third time!!!!
Well, I have to say, there really is no argument anymore, and not just because Phil won the WSOPE Main Event. In addition to his wins were a pair of 12th place finishes during the WSOPE tournament series, and to me, the most impressive feat was his WSOP Player of the Year award after finishing Second the year before.
Tags: 6 Million, Brat, Cashes, Doubts, Hall Of Fame, Hall Of Fame Member, Johnny Chan, main event, phil hellmuth, Players Championship, Playing Poker, Poker Hall, Poker Player, Time Money, Tournament Poker, world series, World Series of Poker, World Series Of Poker Player Of The Year, WSOP, wsope
One Response to “Phil Hellmuth wins WSOPE Main Event and 13th bracelet”
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …