Phil Ivey could make millions at the 2009 World Series of Poker f
Poker players are known for their penchant for side bets –they’ll bet on just about anything as long as they think they are getting favorable odds—and Phil Ivey is no exception. As the most heralded member of the “November Nine”, but with a very small chip-stack; Ivey has become the focal point for the high-stakes prop bets taking place.
According to parttimepoker.com Ivey has two confirmed prop bets: The first is between Ivey and Tom “durrrr” Dwan, and is worth a cool $1,000,000 if Ivey wins the Main Event: The second is with fellow Full Tilt Poker owner Andy Bloch, and will add $2,000,000 to Ivey’s total if he wins the WSOP Main Event. The poker world is full of other unconfirmed bets and rumors involving Ivey, so it will be interesting to see exactly how much Ivey could win, or even possibly lose at the WSOP Main Event final table!
Bloch detailed his side bet with Ivey on the Hardcore Poker Show where he stated that with 2,400 players remaining he bet Phil $20,000 at 99-1 that he wouldn’t win the Main Event! Bloch is considering buying out of the bet to avoid having to shell out $2 million to Phil.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …