Poker pro John Juanda having big 2010 WSOP
With four World Series of Poker bracelets, 53 cashes, and over $3.75 million in career WSOP earnings John Juanda has set the bar pretty high for what constitutes a big WSOP. Well, with three final tables thus far, all in Championship Events, and over $600k in winnings I’d say that qualifies.
Juanda’s first final table came in the $50k Players Championship where he finished 4th, pocketing $436,835. His second final table came in the $10k Seven Card Stud hi/lo World Championship finishing 5th. His latest final table was in the $10k No Limit 2-7 Draw Lowball World Championship where he once again finished in 4th place.
Juanda’s showing has him in 2nd place on the Player of the Year leader-board, trailing David Baker –who also has three final tables in 2010, including a win in the 2-7 Championship.
It’s amazing when you look at Juanda’s consistency at the World Series of Poker over the years: In 2009, Juanda had four cashes and four final tables! In 2008 Juanda had five cashes and two final tables –not to mention he won the World Series of Poker Europe Main Event. In 2007 Juanda had an off-year, cashing five times and only appearing at one final table.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …