Poker pro Sammy Farha wins 3rd WSOP bracelet
High-stakes poker pro Sammy Farha was able to hold off two players looking for their second World Series of Poker win in 2010, James Dempsey and Michael Chow, to capture his third career WSOP bracelet. Farha took down the $10,000 buy-in Omaha 8 or better World Championship, and pocketed an impressive $488,241 in the process. Amazingly it was only Farha’s 7th cash at the WSOP, although the high-stakes cash gamer plays a very selective tournament schedule.
Sammy Farha is one of the coolest professional poker players, and it’s that cultured laid-back attitude, along with his runner-up finish in the spectacular 2003 World Series of Poker Main Event, that has made the Lebanese poker pro a fan favorite.
With his usual confident attitude and beaming smile, Farha also pulled off one of the great one-liners when asked what it was like to win the same event a second time –Farha won the 06’ Omaha 8 tournament, at the time a $5k buy-in—Sammy responded with, “In a way, it’s like I won it two years in a row. I did not play this event in 2007, 08, or 09.”
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …