Romanello denied Poker Triple Crown at WSOPE
Event #2 of the 2011 World Series of poker Europe tournament series taking place on the French Riviera started off with a bang –besting the WSOPE attendance record by more than 100 participants– and nearly ended with the crowning of the fifth Triple Crown winner in poker history, which would have been the third this year.
The man ready to accomplish the rare feat was Englishman Roberto Romanello (yes he is of Italian descent) who entered the final day of the tournament in prime position to make a run at the Triple Crown. Unfortunately for Romanello, the day would start off poorly, and despite hanging in for most of the final table, Romanello eventually settled for a 5th place finish.
Romanello is just a WSOP bracelet away from the Triple Crown (which is the easiest arm of the Triple Crown thanks to the 60+ chances at a WSOP title each year) already possessing a WPT title (the 2011 WPT Bratislava) and an EPT title (the 2010 EPT Prague).
With Romanello falling by the wayside the attention was turned to Aussie Andrew Hinrichsen, fresh off a 23rd place finish in the WSOP Main Event. Hinrichsen was able to battle his way to his first major tournament title, collecting the nearly €150k in first-place prize-money as well as a WSOP bracelet.
Here is a look at the final table payouts from the €1,090 buy-in NLHE tournament:
1. Andrew Hinrichsen — €148,030
2. Gianluca Speranza — €91,262
3. Tarcisio Bruno — €67,281
4. Bernard Guigon — €50,146
5. Roberto Romanello — €37,874
6. Eric Baudry — €28,977
7. John Eames — €22,449
8. Nabil Nadjai — €17,608
9. Gregory Lejolivet — €13,982
10. Richard Haile — €11,236
Tags: Attendance Record, Aussie, Bratislava, Bruno, Englishman, Falling By The Wayside, French Riviera, Gianluca, Haile, Italian Descent, John Eames, Prague, Prime Position, prize money, Rare Feat, Triple Crown Winner, world series, World Series of Poker, WPT, WSOP Main Event
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …