Seniors Tournament shatters poker record
The $1,000 Seniors No limit Championship is open to any player over the age of 50, and with AARP cards in hand the older statesman of the poker world descended on the Rio on full-force! A record 3,148 players entered the tournament, which is not only the largest turnout for the event (Last year’s tournament drew 2,707 players), but also breaks the single-day attendance record for any event! No Main Event, No $1k Stimulus special, no tournament in the history of poker has seen more players register for a single day of play.
The massive turnout shows that despite what the experts say, poker is not a game of the Internet generation, 3,000+ players over the age of 50 prove that poker has always been part of mainstream America, and much like the Women’s Tournament, the Seniors Tournament shows the WSOP has made the right call to keep these tournaments as they bring a slew of players to the Rio during the WSOP.
It will be interesting to see if WSOP officials decide to break the Seniors Championship into two separate starting days next year, since the tournament not only maxed out the Pavilion Room, but forced the $10K Heads-Up Championship to relocate!
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …