WSOP announce tournament stop in South Africa
In the ever expanding globalization of the game of poker, the World Series of Poker has scheduled a tournament stop at the Emerald Resort and Casino in South Africa. The story first appeared in Times Live which announced two tournaments set to take place from October 24-31, 2010.
The first tournament will be a $1,100 buy-in Pot Limit Omaha tournament with $300 re-buys; this tournament will be capped at 200 players.
The second tournament will be a $5,000 buy-in No Limit Holdem tournament that will be capped at 500 players. The “Main Event” will take place over the final four days of the tournament series.
Emerald Resort and Casino CEO Martin Rice had this to say on the news; “Poker has, over the past half-decade, accelerated in popularity. Our Emerald Poker Series, and its growing fields, is testament to the unlimited success of the sport. It was only natural to follow-on its popularity with the greatest tournament on the planet.” Rice is also hoping for a number of top poker pros to make the trip, and participate in the tournament.
This will be the first major tournament to take place in Africa, and could open up an entirely new poker market on the continent.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …