WSOP announces the 2011/2012 Circuit Schedule
With the 2011 Main Event in full swing the World Series of Poker decided to unroll the complete schedule for the 2011/2012 WSOP Circuit Series, as well as announce a few notable changes, which I’ll get to first.
The First big change was the announced inclusion of the top players from both the World Series of Poker and World Series of Poker Europe in the World Rankings, making them eligible to play in the National Championship freeroll tournament. Obviously the WSOP Circuit Series wants more star-power to compete in the National Championship, but it kind of defeats the purpose of having the Circuit Series in the first place.
Now 68 players will win their way into the National Championships based on their season point totals –32 others will win their way in by winning the Main Event at each stop (16 total) or being named the “Casino Champion”, similar to the Player of the Series Award, (16 total). Additionally, the top 100 players from the World Series of Poker Rankings will be eligible to buy into the National Championship for $10,000 –Each $10,000 buy-in will be added to the $1 million prize-pool.
The second change was the elimination of the Regional Championship tournaments, which after a solid start saw attendance numbers fizzle. The $10k Buy-In just did not produce enough interest to allow the WSOPC to compete with the more established WPT –something it has tried to do since its inception, and even with the loss of the PokerStars NAPT tour the WSOPC Regional Championships were major disappointments.
Here is a look at the full schedule for the upcoming season of the WSOP Circuit Series:
* September 8-19, 2011: Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana)
* September 29 – October 10, 2011: Horseshoe Southern Indiana
* October 13-24, 2011: Horseshoe Hammond (Chicago)
* October 27 – November 7, 2011: IP Casino Resort & Spa (Biloxi, MS)
* November 10-21, 2011: Harveys Lake Tahoe
* December 1-12, 2011: Harrah’s Atlantic City
* January 12-23, 2012: Choctaw Durant (Dallas/Oklahoma)
* January 19-30, 2012: Caesars Palace (Las Vegas)
* February 2-13, 2012: Harrah’s Tunica (Mississippi)
* February 16-27, 2012: Palm Beach Kennel Club (Florida)
* March 1-12, 2012: Caesars Atlantic City
* March 15-26, 2012: Harrah’s Rincon (San Diego area)
* March 29 – April 9, 2012: Horseshoe Council Bluffs (Iowa)
* April 12-23, 2012: Harrah’s St. Louis
* April 26 – May 7, 2012: Harrah’s Chester (Philadelphia)
* May 10 – May 21, 2012: Harrah’s New Orleans
For a breakdown of the 201/2012 Season of the WSOPC, or for more information about a particular tournament series you can head on over to wsop.com.
Tags: Amp Spa, Attendance Numbers, Biloxi Ms, Bossier City Louisiana, Disappointments, Europe In The World, Full Swing, Harveys Lake Tahoe, Harveys Tahoe, Lake Tahoe, National Championship, National Championships, Poker Rankings, PokerStars, Prize Pool, Regional Championship, Regional Championships, Southern Indiana, Star Power, World Series of Poker
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …