WSOP Main Event Day 2a recap
With 2,031 players starting Day 2a of the 2011 World Series of Poker Main Event on Monday –actually 2,030, since Phil Hellmuth thought he was playing Day 2b and almost was blinded off as he showed up extremely late—the Rio had another full house on its hands, with players filling both the Amazon and Pavilion rooms.
By the end of the night one of those rooms would be empty, with over half the starting field realizing their 2011 WSOP had come to an end. But for the remaining players Day 3 of the 2011 WSOP Main Event now awaits them on Wednesday; some hoping for nothing more than an “Allen Kessler min-cash” late Wednesday or early Thursday, while others have the $8.7 million that will be going to the winner, and poker immortality, on their mind.
A slew of big names were able to survive Day 2a, including the likes of Daniel Negreanu, Joe Cada, Sorel Mizzi, Annette Obrestad, Jason Mercier, and Phil Hellmuth, who despite his late arrival to a stack of under 7,000 chips managed to build it up to nearly 70,000 by the end of the night.
Falling by the wayside on Monday was last year’s champion Jonathan Duhamel, as well as Scotty Nguyen, Chris Moorman, Daniel “Jungleman12” Cates, Sammy Farha, Dan Harrington and Johnny Chan.
Here is a look at the chip-leaders from Day 2a:
1. Aleksandr Mozhnyakov – 478,600
2. Tuan Vo – 434,500
3. Guillaume Darcour – 410,500
4. Stephane Albertini – 401,100
5. Massimiliano Martinez – 355,000
6. Mike Sowers – 347,700
7. Chris Moore – 328,600
8. Biaggio Morciano – 306,800
9. John Renzi – 314.700
10. Joshua Gayton – 313,700
Results courtesy of wsop.com
Tags: Albertini, Amazon, Annette Obrestad, Chris Moorman, Dan Harrington, Daniel Negreanu, Falling By The Wayside, Gayton, Johnny Chan, Late Arrival, phil hellmuth, Poker Main Event, Sammy Farha, Scotty Nguyen, Sorel Mizzi, Sowers, Tuan Vo, World Series of Poker, World Series of Poker Main Event, WSOP Main Event
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …