WSOP Update: Mizrachi leads 7-Stud Poker Championship
Hot off his win in the $50,000 Players Championship at the 2010 World Series of Poker, Mike “The Grinder” Mizrachi is sitting atop the field in the $10,000 buy-in 7-Card-Stud World Championship. In a strange twist, Vladimir Schmelev, who finished second to Mizrachi in the Players Championship, is sitting in second place again!
The tournament attracted 150 participants including the best poker players in the world, like Doyle Brunson, Scotty Nguyen, Barry Greenstein, Daniel Negreanu, Chris Ferguson, Jen Harman, and Phil Ivey; along with the usual Stud specialists like last year’s winner Freddie Ellis, three-time Stud bracelet winner last year –and 4 overall– Jeff Lisandro, and long-time Stud expert Eric Drache.
There is still a lot of poker to be played before a Stud Champion will be decided, and the 88 remaining players, of the 150 who liked their chances in the tournament, reads like a poker fantasy draft list, so there will be no easy pickings in this tournament which is set for two more days of rolled-up trips, and 7th street miracles.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …