WSOP update: Players Championship down to 54
With its elite field and huge stacks, Day 1 of the $50k Players Championship saw only 6 players of the 116 entrants eliminated. However, as Day 2 got underway and the blinds started to really matter it wasn’t long before players started falling by the wayside.
By the end of play the Players Championship was down to 54 players, having lost such players as Daniel Negreanu, Phil Hellmuth, Gus Hansen and Tom Dwan. With every player being a big name in the poker world, no disrespect is intended to the other eliminated players who I didn’t list!
Leading the way at the moment is Kirk Morrison and Andy Bloch, both players sitting on over 700k chips, but nobody has started to pull away from the pack as of yet. So far the tournament has played out like a marathon race where there is a large lead pack.
When the 54 remaining poker stars take to the tables on Sunday for Day 3 it’s likely they will start drawing near to the money bubble which sits at 16. The event is scheduled for 5-days, and my expectation is that by the end of Day 3 there will be 20-25 players still in the hunt.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …