Aussie native wins APPT Sydney poker tournament
Currently one of the biggest poker hotspots in the world, Australia played host to the Asian Pacific Poker Tour (APPT) and the final table was utterly dominated by Aussies! Seven of the nine members of the final table call Australia home, and in the end it was Australian native Aaron Benton who laid claim to the title.
Benton cut a deal with eventual second place finisher Ernst Hermans –one of the two non-Aussies at the final table—and wound up pocketing just over $500k AUD, while Hermans will take $475k AUD back to the Netherlands.
The tournament had a very strong turnout with a total of 396 players registering for the event, which is a good indicator for the Aussie Millions which will kick off in just over a month. And the next stop should also bring in quite a few players as the APPT hits the Bahamas next month!
Here are the complete final table results from the event:
1. Aaron Benton – $500,348
2. Ernst Hermans – $475,000
3. Leo Boxell – $213,840
4. Wayne Carlson – $166,320
5. Tom Grigg – $130,680
6. Andrew Hiscox – $106,920
7. Barry Forrester – $83,160
8. David Formosa – $65,340
9. Thomas Slifka – $47,520
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …