Germany’s Finger takes down EPT Prague Main Event
Chalk up yet another tournament victory for the German’s, as Martin Finger outlasted a very strong field to capture the European Poker Tour Prague Main Event title. The win caps an impressive run for German poker; in early November it was 22 year-old Pius Heinz taking home poker’s biggest prize after outlasting the Czech Republic’s Martin Staszko to win the 2011 World Series of Poker Main Event; then in late November the Germans captured the inaugural Duplicate Poker tournament dubbed the Nations Cup.
Finger entered the final table as the chip-leader, with only Nicholas Levi within striking distance at the beginning of the day –the two combined for over half of the chips in play. But once the final table started so did the fireworks! In just a matter of a few hands the chip stacks changed dramatically as Levi ran his flopped two pair into David Boyaciyan’s flopped set. From that moment forward it was merely a matter of time before Boyaciyan and Finger played heads-up.
The heads-up duel saw Boyaciyan overcome a near 3-to-1 chip advantage by Finger to even things up, but in the end Finger was able to win the all-important race, holding AK vs. Boyaciyan’s pocket ten’s –a flop of KK6 all but sealed the deal for Finger, and the turn and river proved no help for Boyaciyan, giving Finger his first EPT title.
Here is a look at the final table payouts from the 2011 EPT Prague Main Event:
1. Martin Finger (Germany), €720,000
2. David Boyaciyan (Holland), €535,000
3. Nicolas Levi (France), €270,000
4. Guillem Usero (Spain), €205,000
5. Denys Drobyna (Ukraine), €160,000
6. Ari Engel (United States), €125,000
7. Andreas Wiese (Germany), €90,000
8. Mads Wissing (Denmark), €66,700
Tags: Denys, Early November, Giving Finger, Guillem, Home Poker, Late November, Levi, Mads, Main Event 1, Matter Of Time, Nations Cup, Poker Main Event, poker tournament, S Finger, S Martin, Striking Distance, Tour Prague, Tournament Victory, World Series of Poker, World Series of Poker Main Event
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …