Hellmuth and Selbst victorious at EPT London series
There wins may not be on par with the likes of Martin Finger (who won the £50k Super-High-Roller tournament) or Robbie Bull (the UKIPT Main Event winner) but both Phil Hellmuth and Vanessa Selbst did triumph in preliminary events at the ongoing PokerStars European Poker Tour (EPT) London series.
Hellmuth won the £2,000 buy-in Open Face Chinese Poker tournament, while Selbst came out on top in the £2,000 UKIPT High-Roller NLHE tournament.
Selbst wins UKIPT High-Roller
176 players participated in the £2,000 UKIPT High-Roller event. Normally a UKIPT High-Roller tournament pulls in a handful of known players along with the local pros, but with the UKIPT London series being combined with the larger EPT London series the stars were definitely out in full force for this one, with Vanessa Selbst right at the top of that list.
Fresh off a runner up showing in the WPT Borgata Poker Open last month Selbst added another $67k to her career tournament earnings, which are now in excess of $8 million, good enough for 36th all-time and 1st for women according to the Hendon Mob database. Here is a look at the final table payouts from the tournament:
1. Vanessa Selbst — £67,499*
2. Max Silver — £59,906*
3. Kenny Halleart — £35,335
4. Joni Jouhkimainen — £28,810
5. Paul Edward Byrne — £22,970
6. Salvatore Bonavena — £17,650
7. Joe Kuether — £12,840
8. Thomas Muhlocker — £9,305
*Selbst and runner-up Max Silver cut a deal during heads-up play
Hellmuth Wins Open Face Chinese Tournament
While Vanessa Selbst has been on an absolute tear, Phil Hellmuth has fallen off the poker radar this year, with the “Poker Brat” failing to cash for more than $54,000 in an open-event during 2013–an 8th place showing in a 2013 WSOP tournament– and failing to win any event, until his Open Face Chinese victory at the EPT London this past week.
Hellmuth’s win was only for £15,800, since the niche tournament only attracted a small field of 21 players, but perhaps the victory will jumpstart Hellmuth’s game for the remainder of the year.
Hellmuth is now closing in on $18 million in career tournament earnings, which places him 5th on the Hendon Mob’s all-time money list.
Here is a look at the payouts from the event:
1. Phil Hellmuth — £15,800
2. Hannu Peltola — £10,890
3. Elior Benjamin Sion — £6,940
4. Paul Berende — £5,000
5. Barry Greenstein — £4,050
*Results courtesy of www.pokerstarsblog.com
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …