Durrrr Challenge II: Dwan down early
It looks like the second Durrrr Challenge could be completed before the first one, which started a year and a half ago! Unlike the snail’s pace we saw in the Antonius vs. Dwan challenge match, the second installment of the Durrrr Challenge between Dwan and Daniel “jungleman12” Cates has seen almost 7,000 hands played over the first weekend!
So far –much like their previous encounters—it has been Cates getting the better of durrrr, jumping out to an early $692,000 lead after 6,820 hands. This is made even more impressive when you consider durrrr was up over $130,000 after 1,600 hands. The two have been playing heads-up No Limit Holdem at the $200/$400 level thus far.
For those of you who don’t know, or need a refresher course, the durrr challenge consists of 50,000 hands of heads-up poker: The overall winner at the end of the 50,000 hands keeps all the money won at the tables as well as a predetermined amount that is currently held in escrow. Tom Dwan has laid 3-to-1 odds to any challenger, so should he win he will gain an additional $500,000, but should he lose he will owe $1.5 million! In addition to whatever he lost at the tables!
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …