High stakes poker games in Macau come to a close
After more than a week of intense action that saw million of dollars change hands it appears that the ultra-high-stakes cash games in Macau have finally come to an end. Matt Savage informed the 2+2 poker forums that both Tom ‘durrrr’ Dwan and Phil Ivey have left the game, as many of the Chinese business moguls who have been driving the action are leaving to attend to prior engagements.
In his latest 2+2 post on the Macau cash-games Savage wrote: “The game broke last night after a mammoth near 48-hour session… The game would have broken anyway as some of the principals are going out of town for a week, we expect it to resume in a week or so,”
In his remarks to the 2+2 community Savage went on to add: “Phil and Durrrr both ended up overall for the trip and I am sure they will be looking forward to an invite back. Dwan is expected to relax in Asia for a few days before heading back to the U.S.”
It will be interesting to see if any of the big name pros make their way back to Macau in the near future, or if they are barred from action similar to how things went down after Brian Rast took an estimated $4 million off of these same poker tables a couple years back.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …