PokerStars set to compete with GSN’s High Stakes Poker
PokerStars which seems to always have its finger on the pulse of the poker community has announced their latest poker-related venture: A televised high-stakes cash game that will appear on the Fox network.
Apparently the success of High Stakes Poker has not gone under the radar, and PokerStars has decided to adopt a similar format for their show dubbed “The Big Game”. The show will feature PokerStars pros –and in their own unique twist, a few online qualifiers—competing in a $200/$400 No Limit Holdem game with a $100 ante, with a minimum buy-in of $100,000. The format is very similar to GSN’s High Stakes Poker, which is one of the most successful poker shows.
At this point only Daniel Negreanu has been penciled in as a competitor, but with PokerStars stable of top pros it won’t be overly difficult to fill the remaining seats.
Online qualifiers who place in the top 200 of select “Big Game” tournaments will be able to submit a casting video to PokerStars explaining why they would be a good fit for the show. It will be interesting to see what type of criteria PokerStars uses to select the lucky few contestants who will receive a $100k buy-in and are able to keep any winnings from the show.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …