Tom “durrrr” Dwan wins biggest pot in poker history
Recentpoker.com is reporting that during the million dollar cash game currently being played in London –coinciding with the World Series of Poker Europe (WSOPE)—that Tom Dwan, better known as “durrrr” won the largest pot in televised poker history: $1.1 million!
By winning the pot Dwan eclipsed his own record, which was set during season 5 of High Stakes Poker: Dwan won a $919,000 pot off Barry Greenstein. This time around it was Phil Ivey who came up on the short-end of a “durrrr” pot.
“durrrr” is known for creating action with his loose-aggressive play, and fearless playing style. However, it should be noted that Dwan usually comes out on the winning side when the pots get big, which seems to debunk any rumors of him being “lucky”: a stigma that still plagues some early loose-aggressive players like Gus Hansen.
The Million Dollar Cash Game is being filmed by Full Tilt Poker at the WSOPE with a similar format to High Stakes Poker: Blinds are $1,000/$2,000 with a $200 ante.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …