With strong showing at Doyle Brunson Classic Eric Baldwin is Card
Despite being eliminated on Day 2 of the event Baldwin was able to survive the inevitable “sweat” that every poker player is only too familiar with. With the only two men who could catch Baldwin, Yevgeniy Timoshenko and Cornel Andrew Cimpan, still in the running –Timoshenko would need a 2nd or 1st place finish to overtake Baldwin, and Cimpan would need to place in the top 3. Alas both players found the rail on day 3 of the event.
Baldwin was able to amass 6,994 POY points from his 17 final tables, 4 championships, and over $1.4 million in winnings during 2009. Numerous players earned more than Baldwin, but his 17 final table appearances outdistanced the nearest competitor by 8! No other player in the POY standings had double-digit final tables, a truly impressive feat by Baldwin.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …