Full Tilt Poker remission update; GCG adds FAQ page
On Thursday the Garden City Group sent out a second e-mail, updating players on the Full Tilt Poker remission process which is set to officially begin today –Thursday, September 18, 2013. Along with the follow-up e-mail the GCG added a FAQ page to their website, www.fulltiltpokerclaims.com.
The new e-mail instructs players who received the initial e-mail that was sent on Tuesday and Wednesday –GCG has asked players to wait two more days to allow them to resend e-mails that bounced back– to visit the fulltiltpokerclaims.com website on Thursday to file their petition. In order to file a remission petition you must have your “petition number” and “control number” to log-in and file your claim.
At this time there is no link to file a claim on the fulltiltpokerclaims.com website.
Here is a look at the important parts of today’s e-mail [bold and underline mine]:
If you received an email with a Notice containing a Petition Number and a Control Number, be sure to use those numbers to login to the Petition filing website at www.FullTiltPokerClaims.com. Only by using your Petition and Control Numbers will you be able to view your FTP Account Balance. After reviewing your FTP Account Balance, you will be able to confirm or dispute it pursuant to the directions provided on the Petition filing site. Petitioners who confirm their FTP Account Balances online do not need to provide any documentation to support their Petition.
If you did not receive an email with a Notice and you believe you are eligible to participate in the Petition process, you may file a new Petition, following the directions on the administration website. When filing a new Petition, your FTP Account Balance will not be displayed on the website; you will need to provide the amount of your FTP Account Balance through the Petition filing site, and you will need to submit documentation to substantiate your claimed FTP Account Balance.
A total of 18 topics are covered in the FAQ page posted on the GCG’s Full Tilt Poker website. Most of the topics are pretty mundane, or have been covered in the past, but one topic – the requirement of a player’s social security number and tax id number.
The explanation given for the necessity of these documents was given as:
Prior to the payment of funds to a Petitioner, GCG will provide the Petitioner’s Social Security or other Taxpayer Identification Number to the Government, in order to offset and collect any qualifying debts currently listed in the Treasury Offset Program.
However, with this information already in the hands of the government it would seem to indicate that the IRS will have access to the balance totals of remission claims.
Here is a look at all 18 topics in the FAQ page:
1. What is this action about?
2. What is GCG?
3. What is a Petition for Remission?
4. How do I get a Petition for Remission?
5. When can I file a Petition for Remission?
6. What is the calculation formula that will be used to determine payment?
7. How do I know the amount of my FTP Account Balance?
8. What do I do if the account balance displayed through the online filing process is not correct?
9. Is there a deadline to submit a Petition for Remission?
10. Will I be notified if my Petition for Remission is deficient?
11. What documents need to be submitted with the Petition for Remission?
12. When and how will I be paid on my claim?
13. How do I update my contact information?
14. What entity is in charge of this matter?
15. How do I contact the Claims Administrator?
16. What are the other requirements outlined in 28 C.F.R. § 9.8?
17. Why do you require my Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number?
18. If an eligible FTP player has passed away, what documentation may be submitted so that the player’s estate is able to file a Petition?
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …