Poker community mourns the loss of Amir Vahedi
Longtime poker pro Amir Vahedi, best known for his final table appearance in the 2003 World Series of Poker, where he finished in 6th place after coming to the final table as one of the odds-on favorites, passed away on January 8th from complications with diabetes.
Vahedi, one of the most likeable players in the poker world was one of the frontrunners to today’s loose/aggressive style of play in the poker world, most evident in his daring bluff in the 2003 WSOP that sent him to the rail.
Vahedi was part of a wave of Iranian poker pros that burst upon the poker scene in the 80’s and 90’s, and Amir was one of the most successful: The poker world will sorely miss Amir’s bigger than life personality, huge smile, and trademark cigar –which has been unlit in recent years.
One Response to “Poker community mourns the loss of Amir Vahedi”
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …