Phil Laak to attempt poker record for charity
Phil Laak, better known in the poker world as the UnaBomber, is one of the more quirky poker pros, so it came as no surprise to anyone when he announced his latest goal; to play an 80-hour straight session, which would be good enough to get his name in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Laak will attempt the break the record of Paul Zimbler who set the mark at 74 hours at last year’s World Series of Poker Europe. Like Zimbler, Laak plans to donate his winnings to charity –Zimbler raised £35,000 for the Make-A-Wish foundation; Laak will be donating his winnings to Camp Sunshine, which runs summer camps for children with terminal diseases.
On his blog Laak summed up the challenge in this way: “What would life be without challenges? Well, it would be living I suppose, but just not as fun. And fun is a major tenet in my life philosophy so I thought I would try,”
However his 80-hour marathon turns out, Laak can be sure to have gained a number of new fans, and the poker world can be extremely proud of one of its stars. We’re all wishing Laak the best of luck in his attempt at the record.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …