TJ Cloutier pawns WSOP bracelet –Cake Poker makes winning eBay
A couple of interesting items came up for auction on eBay recently that caused a minor buzz in the poker world –TJ Cloutier’s 2005 WSOP bracelet and his 2007 Scotty Nguyen Poker Challenge bracelet– most notably on the online poker forums who simply can’t resist some good gossip about the big-name poker pros.
Cloutier, who has won over $10 million in tournaments in his poker career, has a long history of gambling issues and is notorious for borrowing money, admitted in a phone call with Wicked Chops Poker that he pawned the bracelets because he was “short” on cash.
The story took an intriguing turn when it was reported by Poker News Daily that Cake Poker had put in the winning bid for the WSOP bracelet. The WSOP bracelet sold for $4,006, and the Scotty Nguyen Poker Challenge bracelet sold for around $2,500 to an unspecified person on eBay. Poker News Daily further reported that the site plans to return the item to Cloutier –who in my opinion would likely pawn or sell the item again.
In my opinion they should use the item to raise money for Haiti or for some other charitable cause, either by offering the bracelet as a prize in a tournament or some other means.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …