PNB Presents This Week in Poker Tournaments Sep 14-20
There are a number of tournament results to go over this week, including preliminary tournaments from the WPT Borgata Poker Open; HPT and WSOPC Main Events; The Festa al Lago Main Event; and a Eurasian Poker Tour victory by Marvin Rettenmaier.
Rettenmaier triumphs in Kiev
If it wasn’t for Marvin Rettenmaier winning the tournament I have to admit that I would have no idea there was something called the Eurasian Poker Tour. Fortunately for the tour Rettenmaier (one of the game’s top players) did win their Kiev Main Event, besting a field of 160 players, bringing a little attention to the tour.
1. Marvin Rettenmaier – $73,930
2. Emil Eranosyan – $51,770
3. William Dorey – $33,300
4. Khristo Genev – $24,660
5. Vaja Kometiani – $18,490
6. Farrukh Akhmetjanov – $14,800
7. Petr Glazko – $12,290
8. Ivan Sheptytskyi – $9,850
9. Alexander Dmitrenko – $7,380
*Results from www.thehendonmob.com
Doc Sands bests small field to earn Festa al Lago title
Just 38 players registered for the $5,000 buy-in Festa al Lago Main Event (a tournament that used to be one of the best=attended stops on the World Poker Tour) and in the end it was David “Doc” Sands who triumphed at the final table, earning over $80k.
1. David Sands – $82,935
2. Matthew O’Donnell – $49,761
3. Frank Rusnak – $31,331
4. Alexander Condon – $20,275
*Results from www.thehendonmob.com
Saul and Salsberg win at the Borgata
A couple more big names claimed tournament victories at the Borgata Poker Open as both Kevin Saul and Matt Salsberg won preliminary events in the run-up to the Main Event.
Saul won Event #16, a $2,000 bounty tournament that attracted 64 players, collecting $37,248 in the process.
Salsberg won event #17, a $1,500 NLHE tournament with 93 entries, adding $47,360 to his career tournament earnings.
For more Borgata Poker Open results you can visit http://www.theborgata.com/casino/poker/tournaments/poker-open-2013
WSOPC IP Biloxi Main Event
302 players took part in the latest WSOPC Main Event, and it was the youngster Martin Zentner who outlasted the tournament veteran Hank Sitton for the title. Also in the mix was Survivor star Boston Rob Mariano, who finished in 3rd place.
1. Martin Zentner – $106,455
2. Hank Sitton – $65,821
3. “Boston” Rob Mariano – $47,805
4. Raymond Weaver – $35,311
5. Daniel Lowery – $26,510
6. Gil George – $20,217
7. Nolan Burton – $15,660
8. Michael Putaansuu – $12,313
9. Jonathan Thomas – $9,826
Heartland Poker Tour Golden Gates Casino
The Golden Gates Casino in Colorado has turned into one of the better attended places on the Heartland Poker Tour, and this time around proved no exception as 716 players registered for the Main Event.
1. Richard Monroe – $235,494
2. Alex Greenblatt – $145,898
3. Keith Love – $95,803
4. Matthew Colvin – $66,901
5. David Gutfreund – $48,919
6. Ian Glycenfer – $37,465
7. Kevin Eyster – $31,363
8. Ken Cordova – $26,225
9. Garth Thompson – $21,408
Results from www.heartlandpokertour.com
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …