Legal online poker will not appear on Massachusetts ballot
Massachusetts Attorney general Martha Coakley ruled against including a ballot question on legalizing online poker stating the form did not meet the legal requisites to be included on the ballot.
In order for the state of Massachusetts to add the issue to their ballot they require a certain threshold to be passed, and the legalization of online poker failed to meet the 66,593 requirement. So, for now online poker in Massachusetts will remain in a legal limbo; where it is neither expressly forbidden nor legal.
The issue has been raised in several other states since iMEGA’s legal battles over UIGEA legislation. The ruling handed down by the court was that UIGEA enforcement would be left up to the states. Massachusetts was seen as key state to get the ball rolling on legalized online poker: Not only is the state home to Barney Frank who is seeking to legalize online poker on the federal level, but Massachusetts is known to be a very a liberal state, with a state house that is 11 to 1 democrat.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …