$25,000 WPT poker championship down to 35 players
With a smaller than expected turnout –only 195 players registered for the poker tournament–the World Poker Tour Championship event, a $25,000 buy-in tournament taking place at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, is already down to 35 players, with 4 days still to be played.
The remaining 35 hopefuls are a veritable who’s who of the poker world including last year’s winner Yevgeniy Timoshenko, 2007 WPT champion and 2001 WSOP Champion Carlos Mortenen, Chip-leader Shawn Buchanan, Matt ‘mStout’ Stout, Billy Baxter,11-time WSOP bracelet winner Phil Hellmuth, David Williams, David Benyamine, Jason Lester, 1998 WSOP Champion Scotty Nguyen, Brian Lemke, JJ Liu, Cliff “JohnnyBax” Josephy, 2009 COPY Eric Baldwin, David “Devilfish” Ulliott, Josh Arieh, and Tony Cousineau.
Unfortunately for almost half of the remaining players they will walk away with nothing to show for their efforts, since the money bubble doesn’t burst until 18 players are remaining. The top 2 finishers will each become millionaires, with 1st place paying $1.5 million, and 2nd place just over $1 million.
The complete prize-pool can be found below:
1st Place: $1,530,537
One Response to “$25,000 WPT poker championship down to 35 players”
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …