326 players take to the felt for day 1a of WPT Borgata
Tournament officials for the Borgata Poker Open took a calculated risk by dropping the entrants-fee from $10,000 to $3,500, and guaranteeing a $2 million prize-pool. And after day 1a the results the verdict would be: So far so good for the organizers of the Borgata Poker Open.
Day 1a attracted 326 players (an amount many WPT events would like to draw for their total field) and day 1b is always a bigger draw. Needing only 571 total entrants to reach the $2 million guarantee, it appears the tournament’s gamble has paid off.
It will be interesting to see if Borgata’s success translates into other venues taking similar measures –using guaranteed prize-pools and dropping the buy-in—to boost numbers and bring back the hype and popularity the WPT had when it burst on the poker scene.
Leave a Reply
High Stakes News
- • Philipp Gruissem wins another Super High Roller
- • Huge cash game rumored to be taking place at Aria
- • Isildur1 starts fast in PokerStars $1 mil Freezeout
- • High Stakes Poker Games Still In Demand
- • Poker’s best take part in the Million Dollar Cash Game
- • Phil Galfond advocates sweeping changes to online poker
- • Ilari Sahamies is biggest online poker winner in 2011
- • Is Sam Trickett the best poker player in the world?
- • Isildur1 back and crushing the games at PokerStars
RummyRoyal.com giving away a Free $5 to new players
Online Rummy players can take advantage of an exciting new promotion a …
Lock Poker announces new exclusive tournament schedule
The Revolution Gaming Network has overhauled their tournament schedule …
Receive $10 Free from Winner Poker
Winner Poker is now offering new players at the site a free $10 deposi …
New Full Tilt VIP Program targets high-volume players
After recently dropping to #4 in the traffic rankings, according to po …